Sunday, December 6, 2009

First Snow in NYC


It has not been official winter yet, but we had the season's first snow this weekend - Saturday afternoon. It started as rain but turned to snow later afternoon. Not cold enough to coat the road but you can see a shallow layer of snow on the grass. Beautiful, isn't it?
Rainy/Snowy day means another Wii competition - tennis, table tennis and bowling, and home dinner cooking. Mini meatloaf - 2.5 pounds of meat for TWO people (of course left over included) along with a few roasted vegetables - potato, onion, fennel and cabbage. I have never roasted cabbage before, but I got an idea from roasting sprouts a few weeks ago, which was really good. In my opinion these two are the same - sprouts has a bit more dense taste over cabbage I guess. They came out great... There is nothing better than eating home cooking dinner in a warm room (I love going out to the restaurant, but I love our home cooking meal better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment