Wednesday, September 2, 2009

US Open Tennis - Part 1


It's finally here. One of the biggest events in the U.S. - US Open Tennis in NYC. This was my 2nd time to see the games in person (last time was 3 years ago). I bought tickets a few months ago even though I did not know my schedule in August/September at that time. I asked my buddy - Brendan to come with me like last time we did.
I got there early so I started watching a men's doubles game, Robby Ginepri was in. He looked familiar when I saw him, and yes he was top 20 one time. After a few games, I moved to another court to see other (hopefully more popular player's) games.
Yes, I found one - Stanislas Wawrinka from Suitzland. He looks a bit like Brendan and he recognized the similarity in his eyes and nose parts, but actually these two are the most important elements in the face, so do the math.
After checking the scores, both lost their games. I could not believe by thinking Stanislas was #19 seeded.
It was time to go to the Ashe Stadium to see tonight's main games... Wait for tomorrow's entry to see these games and pictures/video.

No comments:

Post a Comment