Saturday, February 27, 2010

Weekend in Seattle in February


It has been a while since the last entry. I have been busy on work (yes, I need to work sadly) and away from home, Brooklyn Heights.
I am in Seattle this weekend, but I don't feel I am away from home - I wonder why...
Anyway, drove to Seattle downtown to have "guilty pleasure" meal. BTW, I had two doughnuts from Top Pot already in the morning. It was supposed to be very famous for their chili and we had chili over pasta and over home made French fries. Oh boy look at them. They serve only chili and they were really good. Aren't they looking good to you too?
Drove further to West Seattle - 10 minutes from Seattle downtown. You can see beautiful view of Seattle (it was not clear when driving there), and there are several "downtown" feeling small neighborhoods here and there.
Parked the car at one of them and found a pie place where they sell Shoofly pie - molasses based pie. It was first time to eat and it was really good. It reminded me pecan pie, since both use molasses in it.
I am writing this at a hotel room before dinner - yes I still need to eat another meal to end a day...
BTW, did I tell you that flowers in Seattle are already blooming? Sorry NYC people to hear that you guys are having over foot of snow this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment