Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sweet Valentine's Day

It's February 14th, meaning Valentine's day. It is custom in Japan that girls give chocolates to boys- originally this is the (only) day when a girl express her feeling to a boy.
In the U.S., it is opposite - a guy gives chocolate/gift to a girl (or love one).
Here is OUR version of Valentine's day - chocolate (dark, milk and white chocolates) covered pretzels, along with truffles. They look really fat and actually the pretzel itself is thin but chocolate coating is thick... yum yum.

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I just found your blog a few minutes ago after googling "Imo" and "Brooklyn." I, too, live in Brooklyn Heights & enjoy food and pictures of food so your blog is a real treat! I will take some time to read your prior entries and look forward to your future posts. Thank you! Oh, and where did you purchase those chocolate-covered pretzels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thank you for your comment. Glad to hear that my entries interested you.
    As for the pretzels, it is from Scartsdale (not from BH unfortunately), even though there are a few good sweet places in BH, e.g. on Henry st.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Maybe it's better for me that the pretzels are not from Brooklyn Heights--I would probably eat too many!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly - my strategy is limiting to TWO at once, which does not mean per day... I still have a few left after almost a week, which is not too bad.

    ReplyDelete