Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back in NYC BUT...

I am back in NYC (from Japan), but maybe my mind or at least my taste buzz still lives in Japan (or Asia).
This past weekend, our table was covered with Asian food. On Saturday, since we went to NJ for the Koren food AGAIN, dinner was pretty light - no meat but all vegetables - Kabocha pumpkin, Korean radish, soy bean and of course Kimchi along with brown rice.
On Sunday we cooked rolled/stuffed cabbage. I was not sure if typical Japanese rolled cabbage has tomato in or just chicken stock taste, but OUR version had tomato in. Some people mix rice into meat mixture, but Japanese one usually does not, so we left it out this time.
Next time, we might try to have some rice into the mixture, which I believe adds tenderness/textures to this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment