Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Curry and Velvet Cake?

I forgot to post a picture of another dinner this weekend. We made Japanese style curry by using chicken and beef. I grew up with pork, but now I don't use pork for curry that often. For the leftovers, I ate with some kimch as I learned from my Korean friend, and I hope you would try this combination at home.
I have been seeing many velvet cakes at the bakeries these days, mainly because it is almost valentine's day, I suspect. I could not resist from the temptation and I bought this one from the bakery in Brooklyn Heights, where you can buy great pies... For the people who don't know what velvet cake is - it is RED cake with a hint of coco powder in it with typically cream cheese icing/frosting. I believe it is more popular down south.

No comments:

Post a Comment