Sunday, February 7, 2010

Food in Japan - Part 2

I had a good lunch (this time by myself) at a ramen noodle shop in Ginza. It was a bit early, 11:30, on Saturday, so not so many restaurants were open yet. I asked the bell boy at the hotel about a good one near by, and this was what I ended up with. Melt in my mouth pork belly (Cha-Syu) soup noodle. It does look really heavy/oily but it was pretty light and I finished it within a few minutes.
This picture was taken at one of the department stores in Ginza - like 5th/Madison avenue in NYC. They make rolling pound cakes in front of you and it seemed pretty popular there.
Friday night, we went to a coffee shop in Shibuya - like times squire in NYC for after dinner coffee. This place was pretty unique and you can choose the cup - range from $50 to $2,000. Since I can't drink coffee in the afternoon (decaffeinated coffee is not that much popular in Japan), I choose hot coco/chocolate instead. Very pretty cup..., isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment