Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Guilty Pleasure in New Jersey


I had one place in New Jersey to try after watching several TV shows (of course food related) - Italian hot dog.
Today was the perfect day to go to this place since it was "a kind of" on the way back from the office I visited to home.
It was not a typical hot dog, but very unique. They use pizza dough instead of typical hot dog bun, and they deep fry meat and vegetables, in this case onion, green pepper and potato.
Big and HEAVY as you can see, so before biting into the bun, I needed to eat a few pieces of heavy cut fried potatoes.
I was not sure I was able to finish all (for your information, they have single (half of this bun) as well), but after 15 minutes of fiting, all went down to my stomach. When I left the store, the lady at the counter was asking "did you finish it?" and I said "yes, and it was awesome!!". She seemed a bit surprised because I (not skinny but smaller than typical Americans) finished all.
BTW, it is a half the price every Tuesday. I wished this meeting had been yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment