Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This Past Weekend

Rainy weekend.
I think April/May is kind of rainy season in NYC, which improves greens in the city so I don't mind. It is so beautiful when you walk around the city.
We went to a BBQ place for Friday dinner. The seating assigned to us was so cute - look as this.
We had Buffalo chickens as appetizer, and one and half baby back to share. Don't even think about the calories... Guilty pleasure, which we needed.
We were supposed to have Memphis stile for a half portion but entire dish was source base, so the waitress brought ANOTHER half with Memphis spice rub version, which means we had TWO racks of baby back ribs. They were all good.
I don't know what went wrong but I was sick on Saturday and no appetite (can you believe this?).
Luckily it came back by Sunday afternoon, so our dinner was Shabu-Shabe. A lot of vegetables and premium rib-eye meats. As usual, the table was protected by the papers (I wonder how people do... I grew up this way, so it feels so natural.) No Shabu-Shabu pot and we just used an ordinary pot we have. It was very decent meat. I wonder how I would feel if I ate premium meat in Japan. Would I see the difference or $20 per pound meat would be good enough for me after living here so long???

No comments:

Post a Comment