Thursday, April 22, 2010

Night Out in NYC

It has been a while since last time I went out in the city - yup I guess I am getting old not to go out for dinner or drink in the city, or just I don't work in the city anymore.
Anyway, I met up wit my friend B for drink/dinner. ACE hotel was the place we decided to meet, which is by the way a very interesting hotel and the lobby was fulled with the people chatting/checking e-mail and drinking coffee/beer. I was not sure they were tourists or locals. Next door was a famous coffee shop.
No decent restaurant close by, so we decided to walk several, actually over ten, blocks towards Chelsea area. On the way, there was a bagel shop - Murry which named familiar and I asked B about it and he said it is famous. We decided to go in and I bought FOUR. Store was very modern compared to Ess-a or Bergen, and their bagels were a bit smaller than Ess-a, and taste just  in between my favorites - so I am giving them 4-4.5 stars (of course Ess-a is 5 stars and Bergen gets 4 stars). It lacks a bit of chewiness since it is a little smaller than Ess-a.
We went to a Thai restaurant - not authentic side but modern side. B recommended key lime pie martini - yup you can find any types of martini in NYC, and it did taste just like cake. And we did finish our meal with a piece of key lime pie.
It was nice to be out for dinner and catching up with my friend., AND finding another good bagel store.

No comments:

Post a Comment