Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Day Trip



Finally the weather got better today, so we decided to go for a short ride to Stone Barns (Farm) this afternoon.
Very nice drive and the view on the way was beautiful as well (see the video and enjoy the background music by Michael Jackson).
At the farm, we walked around the field and it reminded me of the country side where I grew up in Japan. Many vegetables and flowers are still in the fields, and many tourist (maybe from the city like us) were enjoying country-life like afternoon. I found Asian pear trees, which I have never seen in person. There were bees houses. They have one of the top rated restaurants which uses all the vegetables, fruits, egg, milk (and maybe meat/chicken) grown there.
On the way back, we stopped by at Tarrytown NY and had THREE scoops of ice cream - chocolate with chocolate chips, caramel, and white chocolate with black berry. It was home made and delicious. I have been craving for good ice cream ant it did satisfy my very sweet tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment