Thursday, July 30, 2009

Brown Stone Houses

Brooklyn Heights is famous for many beautifully preserved brown stone houses.
When I work from home, I have flexibility on my schedule, so I go to the gym during the day, usually in the morning after checking e-mails and completing urgent matters. On the way to the gym, I walk on beautiful tree lined streets with many brown stone houses. They were originally built in the late 19th century or in the early 20th century as one family home, but these days they have been converted for multi families home (one or two apartment(s) per floor). The name explains the reason why it is called, and it was an unique architect method in that era, vs. brick exposed ones you can see in this picture towards the end.
Aren't they beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment