Friday, May 21, 2010

Tour Guide for a Day

My friend's friends (based on my neighbor Ms. J., whom we ran into at a cafe in Brooklyn Heights, I should call them my friend) are visiting NYC from Japan, and I was (and will be this weekend) their tour guide. Started with picking up them at the hotel in mid-town, and took a subway to Brooklyn Heights - the best part. Showed them around the neighborhood, and the main event - crossing the bridge. I don't remember when was the last time I did (walking over the bridge)...
It was a gorgeous day yesterday and there were a lot of people crossing the bridge like us, but majority of them were coming from the city to Brooklyn. In my opinion, going from Brooklyn to the city is a better choice, since you can see the skyline while crossing the bridge.
After stopping by at Century 21 for a little shopping, we headed to the China town for supper. I had a few in mind, but ended up with the one serving a great crab dish. You can't eat that much crab meats, but their sauce is well worth it. Very cheap dinner but they seemed satisfied with their first NYC dinner. They are on their own on Friday, but I hope they are OK as I coached them on the subway system and directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment