Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sunny Saturday in Seattle


After a few days of typical rainy days in Seattle, it is a great sunny day today.
While walking around the town, I think I found cherry blossoms - does this mean it is warmer than Japan? I don't see them till mid or later in April in NYC, so I guess it is at least warmer here.
I have been eager to try this place - Cuban place in Seattle. Cuban in Seattle, yes, in Seattle. These two did not go together in my mind, but it exceeded my dream - I have to say it was one of the best sandwiches my mouth has tasted. Crunchy toasted breach with spicy mayo smeared. Caramelized onion along with hot pepper. And of course pork shoulder chunks. O.M.G. moment. I need to come back here sometime soon again. There was already line even I arrived there before noon.
To wash my mouth, I needed sweets. I looked up the web and found this home made ice cream place. I have one close by (I have posted the entries a few times), but this new place has very interesting flavors - balsamic vinegar strawberry and salted caramel. I have never tested this kind of ice cream - bit more creamier than the other place with some serious sophistication. Not sure I can (should) eat dinner tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment