Saturday, March 27, 2010

Smell the Spring or...

Another (and could be the last) weekend in Seattle.
Decent weather - no rain with blue sky (there is always layer of crowds between me and the sun in Seattle) and in low 60s. Started my day with the donuts AGAIN... It is not fair that they have outlet so close to my hotel.
I drove to one of Seattle's neighborhoods -south of Green Lake, to have a Cuban sandwich AGAIN. As I said last time, it is so good and you can't pass it. I arrived there a bit passed noon, so the line was longer than last time. Waiting for 15-20 minutes, my number was called, so I grabbed the sandwich with a lot of napkins. I headed to the park close to this place - just south of Green Lake. There was a picnic table, so I ate it there - so nice to be out, even though I have allergy.
I drove the car to another park located just south of U of W, where I have been once years back. It was the peak of cherry blossom and magnolia. Magnolia is one of my favorite flowers, maybe because my home had a few when I grew up. You can smell the flowers these day when you go outside. I had a bad allergy in NYC, but  it is not too bad here. I heard that the mixture with the other things triggers the allergy not just trees or flowers, so if you move around the cities, you might not need to feel the allergy...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment