Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving...















It is Thanksgiving day...
One of the best days in a year - you just need to keep eating without any guilt. Actually I did not cook today but we had an early Thanksgiving dinner last weekend with my fiend - Brendan.
Here is my menu - mastered honey grazed chicken wrapped in bacon, cornbread stuffing, sweet potato mushed potato, and green beans.
We started our dinner with Cosmopolitan (like Sex and the City)...
First time ever I used Italian sausage for stuffing and it came out GREAT. No turkey so obviously not in the bird, but I baked in the oven to have a crunch on the top (and at the bottom). Actually stuffing was the best, while Brendan liked green beans - I think the way I cooked (crunchy) and the dressing (shallot dressing) I made.
We bought the apple pie from the store right across the street, but I warmed up, so it was very crunchy at the top (crumble not a typical pie crust) and warm & juicy inside.
It was a great dinner and an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment