Monday, October 11, 2010

Walking the City

I had a friend's friend visiting the city from Japan, so I was a one-day tour guide. Started the day by going to Fairway and Zabar's to buy some unique items including their eco-bag, which is pretty popular in Japan.
Headed to my favorite restaurant - Saigon Grill for late lunch. As always #78 was on our table along with hot-sour vegetable soup - yum yum.
Walk across the park and got this very nice shot. It's still a bit early for Autumn colors, but still you can feel it is nowhere but NYC.
After walking down the Madison Ave. to 59th, we took a train to the grand central. The more I see/show this, the more I like this station. These lightings were amazing by considering this is a public station and it was very trashy 20 years ago or so.
After taking a bus ride to the Washington squire, we walked down the bleecker street. I love walking down this street which changes the feeling from the start to the end. Obviously there was a long line at the Magnolia cupcake, which we even did not bother to stop by.
Very nice day to walk around the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment