Sunday, June 27, 2010

Back in Seattle

I am back in Seattle...
It is SUPPOSED to be summer here but it gets COLD at night, especially coming from NYC.
It gets upper 60s (yup 60s) during the day, but it goes all the way to low 50s at night.
First weekend in Seattle, so what should I do???
I actually knew what I would do this weekend - Cuban sandwich and the doughnut.
While driving to the sandwich place, I found this very unique car - it says full electronic car... One not tiny lady was driving this eye catching RED car in the city. How cute this could get?
Today, the place was not packed, so I was able to grab the table - first time ever to sit down to eat at this place. Isn't it funny that they serve their food on "Chinese-ish" plate? Bread was super crunchy - thanks not to wrap it by the paper or wrap. I think this caramelized (you can see it is brown) onion makes total difference between good sandwich and awesome sandwich.
I needed some time to kill before heading to my NEXT destination so I stopped by at my favorite park right off the highway very close to University of Washington. It felt even cooler than a few months ago when cherry blossoms were in their peak. Not so many flowers but this guy got my eyes. It looks warm, but believe me, I needed scarf today.
Next stop - of course, I needed to have this, even the sandwich was very fulfilling. I could not get two, so I went with this twist today (as you can see black coffee, so I didn't need to feel guilty about having this HUGE doughnut). It was heavenly good. Surprisingly light and even this big guy did not need that much time to disappear.
What is next tomorrow???

No comments:

Post a Comment