Sunday, June 2, 2013

Weekend Trip to Dusseldorf (Germany)

2nd time to Dusseldorf without any expectation but just go somewhere not Amsterdam (after being there for almost 2 years, staying at the same hotel room during the weekend is not that much fun).
I took a train on Friday after work, and express train took just about 2 hours (39 euro for 1st class, so not too bad).
I wanted to go to this famous German food restaurant to have white asparagus which is in season (only for several weeks). I thought I took the picture but nice fat asparagus with sausage, which was a great way to start the Saturday.
While working around the old town where all stores and restaurants are located, I found this bread shop - I still remember first time ever I had German bread in Tokyo and it was "sourer" - for kids it was sensational. I did not have a room to buy/taste these but they know how to make good bread.
Dusseldorf is not a famous city for Japanese, but it has one of the biggest Japanese population in Europe, 1% of population is Japanese, I heard. Because of that, there are many authentic Japanese restaurants, and my dinner was Ramen... They claim that they import the noodle directly from Hokkaido, and it was good.
On the way go back to the hotel, many people were eating ice cream (and I recall ice cream in Germany was good when I lived in Cologn for 3 months), and yes it was good...

My hotel was located on the river side and this section has interesting architectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment