Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday in Haarlem

Another weekend in Haarlem, as this was not the weekend going back home nor traveling to some other cities.
I had a car yesterday but did not use it - cold and cloudy day and I did not feel I drive to somewhere, so no car today. It was rainy when I woke up but by the time I was ready to go out, it started clearing out. There are a few museums in Haarlem and this is supposed to be the oldest museum in Europe. I did not go inside, as their exhibits are not my taste - older European (as I like after the impression period). On the way there, I stopped by the other one where I found perfect coffee cups at their gift shop. It was much cheaper price than this as he is from the Netherlands, I guess.
On the way to find a restaurant for lunch, there was a cool door hunger, instead of typical leaf stuff. I thought RED door is the best but black door like this with ORANGE ornament was really cool too.
My lunch was at a restaurant close to the center of the city. I was cold by walking around the city so I ordered hot chocolate to start. I usually don't drink sweet beverages but I was so tempted to try this time.
I asked English menu but as usual they did not have it. So I asked the person to describe all sandwiches. Spanish smoked ham, Netherlands cheeses, BLT, and something beef. So I ordered the beef one and this is what I got. I heard from my coworker about raw beef sandwich. Yes, I eat raw beef but never had in the sandwich. Interesting taste (not too bad). I could be better if it is not sandwich but meat plate with bread as side.

No comments:

Post a Comment