Saturday, November 5, 2011

Nice Saturday

It has been mild (mid 50s) here in Amsterdam/Haarlem. Since I got a car for a day (again sharing a car among the team), so I decided to make a day trip. Before that, I ran in Haarlem, where boat houses are all over, which I did not notice. They do have address listed in front of the house, which I thought interesting.
I drove a car a bit over one hour and this is where I ended up with - a beautiful forest. It seems a very famous hiking and cycling area and there were so many cars both side of the road. Fortunately the spot I chose was very quiet and I did not see that many people.
During the hike, I found this restaurant with well maintained garden. No guest so I was able to take a picture without eating there.
I drove another 20-30 minutes to get to Arnhem, where famous battle happened between German and British during the WWII. I was on the river where tour boats were waiting for next round. It had more German feeling than Dutch as it is pretty close the boarder with German.
On the way back to Haarlem, as I was so hungry, I stopped by at a Japanese restaurant my friend told me about the other day. "Okonomi-Yaki" is their specialty so why not, right? A combination of sauce and mayonnaise was something only Japanese crave for.

No comments:

Post a Comment