Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fancy Dinner in the City

We were lucky enough to have this fancy dinner the other day at BLT Prime in the city. This is one of the benefits of me working, I guess. Why we chose this place???, because this past weekend, I met up with my old friends from the school - YES, Penn State, and one of the topics was steakhouse in the city.
When we sat at the table, their first thing served at the table was this chicken liver pate with toasted bread. It was very rich and we had a great feeling about this place.
Our appetizer was roasted beets salad, which is BTW my favorite salad. Can you see the poppers sitting next to BLT marked butter? Instead of typical breads at the table, they serve cheese poppers, which just came out of the oven and were supper hot.
My choice of cut for the night was, of course, rib eye, and I chose between the medium and the medium-rare. I did not know there was such a thing, but here as you can see hopefully, there were TWO cows marked medium and medium-rare, which I guess they used at the kitchen.
The most important thing at the steakhouse is sides... our choices for the night were leek hash brown potatoes and asparagus. Oh, and one of their uniqueness was a variety of sauces. We had THREE and THREE types of mustered, which were good to change the tastes of meat at each bite.
After the dinner, we spent a nice evening at the union square and took this video. I hope you can see this and there were lightening bugs ("Hotaru" in Japanese) in the middle of the city.
It was a very nice night out in the city, which we should do more often. I guess I should work much harder, or smarter for next fancy dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment