Saturday, June 9, 2012

Weekend in Brussels

As I started working in the Netherlands again, I drove down to Brussels for the weekend - two hours of driving are not fun but staying at a nicer hotel, having access to good food and sweets totally make up for it.
During walking around the city, I found this "out of place" house. I would imagine to see this type of house in Switzerland but not in Brussels. Really pretty though.
It was kind of a day not having a meal per se, but some snacks here and there. Waffle of course. Sweet but not too sweet.
Roast beef sandwich from local "high-end" chain. Whole grain makes up limited vegetables consumption in my meals during this trip - it could be just my excuse.
Brussels became my go-to place for a weekend. I have a feeling that I am coming back here next week unless the weather is really nice in the Netherlands which allows me to go to beach to relax. It has been really COLD in Europe and you do need a jacket, if it is not a coat here. Where is SUMMER?

No comments:

Post a Comment